Friday, March 15, 2013

OZ: the Great and Powerful - Movie Review



I was able to see this movie on it's second week in cinemas.  Oz: The Great and Powerful, is a movie for all ages.  I find it fun and interesting movie to watch.

All I can say, the target audience for this movie is probably kids.  I know kids will love this film and leave the cinema in awe.

How was the visuals?

Visuals were stunning.  I know the target medium for this film was 3D, but I watched it on ordinary film, it looks impressive on 2D, what more if you saw it in 3D?


How was the story?

Story was predictable, given it's trying to live up to the Wizard of Oz movie.  It pretty much is following on that formula.  And it being a prequel, you pretty much know the ending.


How was it Overall?

Overall, I give this movie a 4 out of 5 stars.  The reason is that, although the visuals are good, there is something lacking in the movie.  But Overall, this is one fun movie.  I laughed during the movie and appreciate it being light-heart at its best.

It's a good movie to watch and escape reality for about a couple of hours.  A recommended film for me, go watch it with the kids.  The kids will enjoy it, if they have an open mind and smart enough to understand some of the grown-up jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement