Thursday, May 2, 2013

Iron Man 3: Movie Review


I was able to watch Iron Man 3 on its second week shown in cinemas.  The cinema was full for the last full show, on a Tuesday (April 30) evening before labor day.  I was expecting to be entertained by this popcorn movie, and I was not disappointed with this installment of the Iron Man movie franchise.  Philippines got to see the movie before the May 3 release in the US.

How was the visuals?

The visuals were great as expected from an Iron Man movie, since the first Iron Man movie was release the visuals are great.  You get your money's worth in visuals, in fact every other scene in Iron Man is a an explosion or him flying in his armor or him fighting.  In this movie you get to see almost all his armor at one time.

How was the story?

Story this time around was very good.  Unlike, the second movie, which was very lousy.  This time, you get a good mix of story, comedy, action, and a bit of drama.  Let's face it, I never shed a tear on this movies dramatic moments.  But I laughed at the comedy portions of the movie.  Yeah, thanks to Josh Whedon, who I think made inputs on this movie.  You could almost see his kind of story writing all over this movie.

Iron Man 3 is in par with the first Iron Man film, and I want to forget I even watched the 2nd Iron Man movie.  As usual there is a short clip after the credits, but you won't miss much even if you don't view it.  It's not tied up to anything this time, but is fun to watch after agonizingly waiting for it after the long list of movie credits.


Overall

Overall I give the movie a 4 out of 5 stars.  I gave its rating as such, for its good visuals, and better story.  The only thing that didn't make me give it a perfect score, is the fact I never felt anything on Robert Downey's performance, almost like he just reads thru the lines and it's obvious.  Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin is enjoyable to watch, he really is a very good actor, and with just his few scenes he made the movie better.  The movie overall is enjoyable, and worth watching with the kids.

I think this movie has a G rating, which surprised me since there's violence in this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement