Thursday, November 29, 2012

Rise of the Guardians: Movie Review


I unexpectedly was able to watch this movie on its first week of showing in the Philippines.  What do I think of it? Well, it was awesome.  The graphics is just stunning, watching it in Digital format was great, probably better in 3D, but I'm wearing glasses, so I will have glare and not enjoy 3D.

How was the Story?
The story was good, could have been better, and it's better than UP and Despicable Me story, in my opinion.  Story telling was a bit off for me, but it's good enough for a kid's movie.  This movie is a re-imagining of popular icons such as Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Sandman, Tooth Fairy & Jack Frost.  Of course, the villain here is the boogeyman.  Which is not even scary, understandable as this is a kid's movie.  Also, I think this is based on a book?  I saw a book with the same title, but different illustration, so I'm not sure if the story is the same as the book.

How was the voice acting? 
Well it was good, I just thought Jack Frost, the main character's voice is a bit mature for a teenage character.  

All in all, the movie is great, there are laughs from the situations and characters.  It's a kids movie, kids will enjoy it, some adults will also.  So, for this long weekend we have today in the Philippines, this is a good movie to watch with your kids.  I highly recommend it for its visuals.  

It's not a perfect movie, but it's up there.  This rating is based on Toy Story 3, that is why the rating is only 4 out of 5 stars.  Since, the bar was set by Toy Story 3 as the perfect score, in story, visual, sound/music, voice talents, and overall experience.  I think, if I got more emotion from the film, then I could have given it also a perfect score.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement