Friday, November 2, 2012

Skyfall Review


I was able to watch Skyfall on its first week shown in cinemas.  What do I think of it?  Does it deliver on what it has shown on trailers?  Let's find out in my review.

In a nutshell, without spoiling anything about the movie, here is what I have to say:

I got sleepy during the movie, it is a typical James Bond movie, but instead of him saving the western civilization, they give you a bit of a background on James Bond as a person, instead of just a spy.  

The action sequence is good, it is an action film.  Daniel Craig delivers a great believable James Bond.  The villain is your typical James Bond villain (crazy & a bit stupid). 

I give it a 3.5 stars out of 5 stars.  
Why? Because, I almost fell asleep during the movie.  Even if I did, you wont miss much, the villain is a bit flat, the danger is not that imminent .


A bit of spoiler here so, do not read beyond this point if you prefer to find it out for yourself.
First off, the trailer is a bit misleading.  You'd hope it is the whole story, when in fact that action sequence you saw on the trailer is the first 15 minutes outtakes of the film.
The latest take they have on the James Bond Franchise, has been on the personal side of James Bond, how I miss the Pierce Brosnan type of James Bond.  They show, James Bond in a different light, with a bit of his past known to us.  Let's just say, it's a reboot of the franchise.  If you plan to watch more James Bond with Daniel Craig as the lead, then this will be a good start for you.

Old cast and story will be totally thrown out, let us prepare for a new take on 007.  Hope they do better next time, but I won't be watching it on the cinema.  I have a standard for block buster movies, and it it the latest Mission Impossible directed by Brad Bird (director of the Pixar: The Incredibles).  If that is not met, then the movie gets a 3 star or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement