Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hansel & Gretel: Now Showing in the Philippines


Hansel & Gretel is now showing in the Philippines.  A much awaited action movie, an alternate universe of a classic tale.  This tale really set my imagination when I was a kid, not on the witch aspect, but on the house of candy.  I often imagine what the house would look like, on how wonderful & scary it may have been.  

I liked the story since, it had a happy ending for Hansel and Gretel, not for the witch though.  This movie isn't on the top of my to watch list, but given a chance and I have time to spare, I would watch this in a cinema.  Why the hesitation to watch?  Well, I watched the Van Helsing movie and it was a disappointment for me.  This movie feels the same, that's why I am reserved on watching this movie and  hesitant on placing it on my must watch list.  

I'm kinda fan of Jeremy Renner; I first notice him on 28 weeks later movie.  But will this retelling of a classic tale be good for his career? We won't know until we watch this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement