Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Life of Pi: Movie Review


I was finally able to watch Life of Pi movie in a cinema.  It's currently on it's last week in cinemas, I think.  

I highly recommend this film as a must watch.  The visuals and story are very gripping that, we watch the whole movie without getting bored, except on the part he narrated to the Japanese investigators what has happened. 

How was the visuals?

Visuals was very good, especially the CGI (Computer Graphic Images) on all of the scenes, Avatar movie would look fake compared to this movie's CGI.  It's too real, that I can't tell anymore where the computer tiger starts and ends.  It's too freaking real, that everything looks cool and the dream sequence, is the only thing you will say is really a CGI and also the whale and flying fish.

How was the story?

This movie is from a good novel, and was done by a great director.  I was blown on how the director made the story even more exciting and visually eye catching.  If you read a book, you can tell if the writer is any good by the way he/she describes the scene and settings thru words.  The director, did a great job in giving the movie a rich and realistic settings for the story.  Story was really good on it's own and was amplified by the visuals.  This movie is story driven, where you can't wait to see what happens next.  Very nice, story and something we should have more in movies.

How was it overall?

Overall, the movie gets a 4.5 out of 5 stars for me.  It's a very good movie, and I plan to watch it again in blu-ray if released.  The story was very nice, the visuals are very impressive, and the acting is very good.  The only reason, I didn't give a perfect score was the fact we got bored near the end.  But overall, a very good movie and can be a classic.

I can't give out much about the film, but for me every peso I paid to watch this movie was worth it.  In fact, with this movie, I still have the visual images imprinted in my mind, and the story still retains in my memory.  Unlike other films I have watched before, I already forget the story as I walk out the cinema and the next day I totally forgot the visuals.  Those movies, are not worth the peso I paid and are a total waste of time.

Life of Pi is a very nice movie as a whole, it has a great director and a very nice story which everyone can relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement