Thursday, September 13, 2012

Resident Evil: Retribution - Review


Well, I finally got to see the movie.  I pretty much enjoyed the movie.  Even though the "click the city" critic, that I usually based my decisions on watching a movie or not, only gave it 1 and a half stars.  I understand, his frustration on the movie, but the USA critics gave great reviews on the movie.  Mixed reviews from all of them, but let me also give my personal opinion and review on the movie.

Okay, for me, it was a fun movie to watch.  I was kinda expecting it to be a thrill ride from start to finish, it being an action movie.  The action starts after the narration of the main character, it's all good.  Also, a new kind of zombies are presented here, like running zombies and zombie army that can use machine guns and operate vehicles.

It has the same feel to it, from the first, second, third, so forth movie.  There is a sense of being a big, blockbuster film.  I didn't feel cheated out of my money for watching this movie, I got my money's worth in my opinion.  Would I watch it again? Sure, if it is shown on cable or HBO.  I would probably watch the whole franchise again, if it was a marathon in HBO or Cinemax.  That would be almost half a day of Resident Evil.

This movie is a 3 and a half stars out of 5 stars, for me.  Even though, a 5 minute explanation by the main character on what happen previously in the movie franchise was not necessary.  People should just rent or buy the previous parts, if they haven't seen it before.  People who watched this movie, most probably already watched all the previous ones, especially the last one before this movie.

If you have never seen previous movies of this movie franchise, I suggest you watch the first movie and decide if you like it.  Then watch all the rest until this latest installment movie.  I'm still excited for the next movie of the Resident Evil franchise.


SPOILER (kinda, just the ending spoiler)


Ok, I might spoil it for you here, but the movie ends in a cliff hanger sequence or scene, which they did not mention.  Like the last movie, it wants you to watch the next one.  Which I did, but this one is better then the last one.  They better put an ending on the next one, or people will be really pissed.  People already reacted after the movie that it was like a restart to the first one.  For me, it was an OK ending, since I still want to watch more Resident Evil movies.  Come on, that's why they still make zombie movies, people still watch them.  That is why they still make "the walking dead" series.  People's fear of the dead going back to life and going after them, still sells.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement