Monday, October 29, 2012

Argo movie review


This was not an expected movie to watch for me.  I wasn't expecting to enjoy this film at all when we entered the cinema.  I looked at the poster, what do I see? Ben Affleck as the main lead, I have not enjoyed any movie of Ben Afflect as a lead actor since Daredevil.  The poster does not tell me anything, nor does it make me want to see the movie.  The movie wasn't even promoted in the Philippines.  It was just there, no one knows what it is, nor there was any hype about it.

Since, I already watched Looper, there was nothing else to watch except this movie.  I was not expecting anything from this movie, no one mentioned it to me, or recommend it as a must watch.

From the start of the movie, you know it's a period movie, say late 1970's- early 1980's.  It started good and ended good as well.  Everything was nice, the location, the costume, the set pieces, the actors.  Let me just say, this movie shows Ben Afflect can direct a movie, a good one at that.

So, do I recommend this as a watch for the weekend? Definitely a must watch for me.  This movie, is better than the Three Stooges showing in cinemas right now.  It's a 5 stars out of 5 stars for me.  At the end credits, they show, the scenes and the original photos of the real events and people along side of the movie scenes and actors.

If you, like Saving Private Ryan, or political dramas based on true stories then you will also like this movie.  Not a boring moment for me on this movie.  A highly recommended movie, for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement