Friday, October 5, 2012

Taken 2: Movie Review


Well, I finally was able to watch Taken 2 on its first week shown in cinemas.  Not bad, not as good as the first, in my opinion.  But that could just be me.  In fact, when I watched "Taken", I thought there won't be any sequel.  Since, the story will probably be corny or forced just to have a part 2.  Lo and behold, part 2 of Taken.

So, what do I think about this movie? It's a good movie, I'll give you that.  But I feel the rage and anger from a father (Liam Neeson) more in the first movie, this one is a tamed down movie.  In fact, there are scenes where you would think it's just flawed.  Like, you leave a dangerous man in a room, tied up and leave an armed guard outside.  It's like giving the captive a chance to escape.

I hope they don't create a part 3 of this movie, because it will probably destroy this movie for good.  I still like the action sequence, the story on the other hand is just good and flawed.

So, is it a watch this weekend? I'd say if you are a fan of the first movie, than you have the option to watch.  If you have to watch an action film this weekend, there's no other choice, but this movie.  Otherwise, it's a pass, if you have other things to do.

It's a 3 stars out of 5 stars, for me.  It's just not as good as the first in my opinion.  Or I'm just expecting too much from a great film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement