Friday, October 26, 2012

Looper Movie Review


Okay, I've seen looper on it's first week of run in cinemas.  I have to agree with the clickthecity.com critic that it is a pretty good movie, fresh since the cinemas are usually full of Super Heroes, Horror and Drama movies.

The movie is so good, that even if you're tired and want to sleep, you won't be able to do so.  The movie story and direction has just the right pace, there is no dull moment.  If there was a dull moment, it just took a minute of the movie.

I know this movie will have you nose bleeding from the time travel conundrum of the past action you took will affect your future self, but the future self does not remember doing it until it has been done.  This is why, "Back to the Future" movie works, since the past and future selves do not meet.  That is why there is no flaw, since the both past and future persona do not meet at all or the past persona does not see the future version at all.  The story writing of "Back to the Future" is top notch in my opinion.

Back to the "Looper" movie, see what I did there? The story is basically about time travel where the main character is an executioner of people sent back from the future.  He knows that one of these days, he will be the one to kill his future self.  That is why he is called a looper, the loop will be closed when he kills his future self.  He is not alone, the main character is only part of a group of Loopers.  They (Loopers) receive silver bars as payment, and if you see gold bars strapped at the back of the man you just killed, that dead person is your future self and your contract has been fulfilled.

Cinematography is good, camera work is good.  Story is pretty good, you will be at the edge of your seat.  Even when I was expecting it to be a good movie, it delivered what I was expecting.  I was not disappointed with this movie, and I will probably watch it again if shown in cable.

If you are planning to watch a movie this weekend.  I would highly recommend this movie.  A four and a half (4.5) out of five(5) stars.  I have never seen anything like it for some time now.  I watched last Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement